The OPay service, website and/or software application (collectively, the “Service”) enables you to use your supported mobile money wallet or account or credit card to pay for products and services offered by third parties (“Products”). These Products may include pre-paid electricity or water provided by local utilities, pre-paid airtime offered by mobile telecommunications companies, or other selected digital services offered by merchants. You may also use the Service to facilitate the transfer of credit from your mobile money wallet or account to the wallet or account of another user, or receive credit from other users. The Service is operated by Paycom Nigeria Limited (“OPay”), subject to these Terms of Service (“Terms”).
Terms of Service
1. This is a contract.These Terms constitute a contract between you and OPay. You may not use the Service if you do not accept these Terms. By using any part of the Service you accept these Terms. If you are under eighteen (18) years of age, you may not use the Service.
2. You must register an account with valid information.To use the Service, you must: (a) provide a valid mobile phone number; (b) agree to the creation of an account associated with such number; (c) accept the present Terms; and (d) submit such other and additional information as OPay may request. You agree to provide true, accurate and complete information about yourself as prompted by OPay during the account registration process. You will be given the option of receiving a unique PIN for purposes of reusing your account. You are responsible for keeping your PIN secure.
3. Third party merchants offer the goods & services.The Service provides you with a method of discovering offers from independent third party merchants (“Merchants”). These Merchants sell their respective Products subject to their own terms and conditions. For example:
4. Payments are processed by third parties.In order to facilitate your purchases from Merchants, OPay has integrated its Service with the billing solutions of certain mobile money providers and credit card issuing banks (“Payment Processors”). If you purchase a Product from a Merchant using your supported mobile money wallet or account or credit card, payments will be processed by such Payment Processors. Payment Processors have their own terms and conditions governing your use of their payment services. You understand and agree that OPay does not process payments and is not responsible or liable for any transactions in which you engage. By engaging in a purchase transaction using your mobile money account or credit card, you authorize the Merchant (or OPay on its behalf) to bill your account or card for the purchase amount.
6. Product inquiries should be submitted to the relevant Merchant.If you have any questions, concerns or requests related to a Product you have purchased from a Merchant, you should contact the Merchant directly or contact us at email@example.com. Each Merchant maintains its own customer contact desk for handling such requests, however OPay may do its best effort to assist you. If you wish to submit a complaint about the practices of a Merchant offering its Products via the Service, you may contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org
7. You must not use the Service to violate any laws.You must not use the Service to violate or infringe the rights of any other person, including the rights of other users, OPay’s rights in the Service or Merchants’ rights in their Products. You must not breach any laws or regulations when using the Service or attempt to disrupt or interfere with the security or functionality of the Service. In the event OPay has the suspicion you are using the Services for illegal activities such as fraud, OPay will block your account immediately.
8. OPay may contact you regarding your account or the Service.You expressly agree that, as part of the Service, you may, from time to time, receive communications from OPay via email, instant message, telephone, text message (SMS) or other means. You may stop receiving promotional messages by emailing your request to opt-out, along with your cell phone number, to email@example.com, or following the opt-out instructions in the message. Even if you choose to opt out of receiving promotional messages, you may not opt out of receiving service-related messages.
9. OPay may discontinue the Service.OPay may in its sole discretion and at any time terminate your access to the Service or discontinue providing the Service or any part of the Service, with or without notice. You agree that OPay will not be responsible or liable to you or any third party for modifying or discontinuing the Service, or for terminating or suspending your access to the Service.
10. OWealth specific provisions.The OWealth product is offered in conjunction with and under the license of BlueRidge Microfinance Bank Limited. If at any time BlueRidge Microfinance Bank Limited terminates its agreement with Opay, the Services related to the OWealth product shall terminate immediately. The OWealth product shall only be made available to you once our Know Your Customer process has been complied with by you and your identification has been verified. Any interest shall only be payable on funds that have remained in your OWealth Wallet for a period of not less than one complete working day (24 (twenty four) working day hours) and which interest shall be at a rate determined by Opay from time to time. You acknowledge and agree that Opay shall have the right to amend the interest rate applicable to the OWealth product and you hereby indemnify and waive any/all claims of any nature against Opay for interest on your OWealth product. You agree and acknowledge that where the funds in your OWealth wallet have been flagged as or are suspected of being fraudulent in nature, Opay may immediately suspend your account and retain the funds pending an investigation. If you elect to lock an amount in your OWealth wallet, such lock will remain in place for an agreed period time. If you elect to lift the lock on the account prior to the agreed date, you agree that Opay may impose a penalty on you for lifting such lock and which amount Opay may immediately deduct from your OWealth wallet balance. Interest accrued on your OWealth wallet will be calculated annually and credited daily. If you wish to withdraw funds from your OWealth Wallet, such funds shall only be transferred to your Opay Wallet.
11. Information verification.You hereby authorises OPay to conduct information verification checks on you should OPay deem it necessary. You further duly authorize OPay to forward your personal information to verification suppliers, information suppliers and third parties acting on behalf of OPay to verify information about you which includes but is not limited to qualification, certification, employer background screening, employment verification, employment references, criminal records, driver’s license validation, passport validation, identity verification and any other personal information required to validate, verify and confirm your information. You understand and agree that your consent declaration will remain valid indefinitely for all existing and future personal and verification requests, screening, validation and confirmation of information regarding yourself.
12. The Service is provided without any warranties or guarantees.THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. OPAY AND ITS SUPPLIERS AND AFFILIATES DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO THE SERVICE, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH ANY PORTION OF THE SERVICE, OR WITH ANY OF THESE TERMS, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USING THE SERVICE.
13. OPay is not liable for any damages you may incur as a result of using the Services.IN NO EVENT SHALL OPAY OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THE SERVICE, WITH THE DELAY OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE, THE PROVISION OF OR FAILURE TO PROVIDE SERVICES, OR OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THE SERVICE, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF OPAY OR ANY OF ITS SUPPLIERS HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
14. You agree to arbitrate any disputes.This Agreement is subject to, and shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of Nigeria, without reference to the principles of conflict of laws thereof. Any matters arising concerning the interpretation, validity or implementation of this Agreement not solved by mutual agreement between the Parties shall be submitted to arbitration in the English language before a sole arbitrator to take place in Lagos, Nigeria as the seat of the arbitration. The arbitration shall be conducted pursuant to the Rules of Arbitration of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators of the United Kingdom. The arbitral decision shall be final and binding on the Parties and may be made an order of court. The Parties unconditionally consent and submit to the jurisdiction of the High Court of Lagos, Nigeria for such purpose. Nothing in this Agreement will be deemed as preventing OPay from seeking injunctive relief (or any other provisional remedy) from any court having jurisdiction over the Parties and the subject matter of the dispute as is necessary to protect OPay’s name, proprietary information, trade secrets, know-how, or any other intellectual property rights.
16. Alteration.No alteration, variation or agreed cancellation of this agreement, and this paragraph, shall be of any effect unless directed so by us.
17. Whole Agreement.This Agreement constitutes the whole agreement between the parties in regard to the subject matter hereof and no warranties or representations of any nature whatsoever other than set out in this agreement have been given by any of the parties.
18. Waiver/Relaxation.No relaxation or indulgence which OPay may show to you shall in any way prejudice or be deemed to be a waiver of its rights hereunder.
19. Survival.Each and every provision of this Agreement (excluding only those provisions which are essential at law for a valid and binding Agreement to be constituted) shall be deemed to be separate and severable from the remaining provisions of this Agreement. If any of the provisions of this Agreement (excluding only those provisions which are essential at law for a valid and binding Agreement to be constituted) is found by any court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid and/or unenforceable then, notwithstanding such invalidity and/or unenforceability, the remaining provisions of this Agreement shall be and remain of full force and effect.